Alice Greenfingers 2 is the second edition of the series. Once again, you will be representing Alice, the protagonist of the game, who has to work hard for her lazy uncle. Her uncle just stays seat all day long, giving Alice instructions and work to do, so basically he has her working for him while pretending that the work is for the two of them.
The game develops in a farm and the activities undertaken by the character are all related to this farm environment. Just to give an idea of what is the game about, you will be picking apples from the trees, digging patches to sow chilies, harvesting chilies, selling the harvest in the market, and so on.
A particular characteristic of this game is that you can’t “die” or lose, so it’s a game to be played at your own pace. It’s organized by days and each new day there are some new activities added to the prior ones, so the game becomes more complex every day. Each activity you do has an associated income so you will go earning money that you can later use to buy some upgrades.
The game is pretty easy to play so it doesn’t include any written help information besides the on-screen tutorial. All you will need to learn will be the directions from the lazy uncle and some tips you’ll be seeing on the screen the moment you need them.
When you first enter the game, you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Start: this option leads you right to the first level (or day one).
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Quit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows Vista, XP, 98 or compatible
- 500 MHz Intel Pentium III or better CPU
- DirectX 8 or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 16 MB hard disc space
- It’s very easy to learn how to play using the on-screen help.
- It’s a game in which you can “die” or lose.
- Affordable price.
- The interface is only available in English.
- It’s not a multiplayer game.
- Use on network is not supported.